The Regional Recruiter is charged with finding the most qualified candidates, who believe in IRC’s mission and are representative of the countries and region in which we work. The region includes CAR, Chad, Cote D'Ivoire, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso and DR Congo and Burundi. The Recruiter is responsible for guiding candidates through our hiring process and connecting them to opportunities to work at IRC. The Recruiter is creative and driven, with an interpersonal savvy that allows for the development of lasting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers and leaders within the organization. Our Recruiters must be comfortable with numbers and drawing insights from HR metrics, to develop equitable compensation packages and to make our hiring process more efficient and effective.
From generating a talent pipeline and rosters to maintaining a successful offer acceptance rate, you manage the entire recruitment process. By leveraging your knowledge of our programs’ hiring needs and search requirements, you effectively match candidates with the roles in which they will be most successful.
- Oversee region’s expat and local recruitment efforts in support of country programs in collaboration with West Africa’s Regional HR Director, Regional Deputy Director, HR Leads, CDs and Senior Management teams
- Recruit highly qualified talent and achieve a consistently fast paced time to fill
- Lead regional recruiting and recruiting-related initiatives in support of the Strategy100 and IRC Gender & DEI strategy while ensuring compliance to local labor regulations and donor requirements
- Coordinate with West Africa Regional HR Director and Regional Deputy Director on workforce plan to ensure proactive identification of projected openings
- Connect with country-specific recruiting teams in the region and build strong partner relationships.
- Provide an efficient and high-quality experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including robust reference checks, salary recommendations and closing of candidates.
- As requested by Regional HR Director, provide technical advice and support to West Africa country HR Leads and Recruiters
- Gain a deep understanding of IRC’s programs and operations, in order to provide superior talent sourcing, recruiting, and hiring in support of, and partnership with, hiring managers
- Develop and maintain talent roster for future potential staff in the region
- Travel up to 15% annually, as necessary
Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and be a resource to regional staff with the aim of increasing use of data tools (ATS, reference check tool, JD writing tool), exchanging knowledge and concerns between the Global Recruiting team and country recruiting teams, and providing professional development guidance
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR policies.
Education: Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree is a plus
Work Experience: Minimum 3-6 years of senior level recruitment experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (ATS), job boards and social media tools and strategies to source and attract talent
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context supporting employee groups of 500+ employees in multiple locations within a region or global environment required
- Demonstrated success in building professional relationships with key senior management and global partners
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service in a cross cultural context
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units required
Language Skills: Strong verbal and written English and completely fluent French language skills required.
Certificates or Licenses: Certified Internet Recruiter certification a plus.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to Apply