Main objective of the role:
The EU Regional Projects Officer will ensure operational and programmatic compliance to EU requirements for all EU funded projects in the region. The position incumbent will work closely with local partners to ensure all CBM and donor financial requirements are met. The EU Regional Projects Officer will work in collaboration with country office program teams, participating in the programme budget implementation processes focusing on monitoring and reporting, compliance checks to ensure donor funds are utilised in line with CBM and donor agreements, and maintaining of programme finance related documents.
We are looking for someone who will
- Review regular programmatic reports, financial management, and accounts of partners;
- Transfer information into donors’ invoicing & reporting systems and monitor regular project visits acording to project plans when required;
- Monitor scheduled delivery of project reports;
- Coordinate all project-related activities between the local implementing partners, the country office, and regional hub;
- Maintain contact with key persons in project countries;
- Coordinate projects activities and proposals for project adjustments and changes if necessary;
- Communicate project information within CBM and coordinate external project audits and evaluations with country office & partners;
- Participate in country-specific events and give a presentation if required;
- Provide current data and work on improvement of project implementation quality;
- Organize regular information sharing and training events;
- Ensure that contents of trainings are adjusted according to the identified needs.
We are looking for someone who has
- University degree with at least BAC+4;
- 5-year experience in a Projects/programs Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning position for NGOs;
- Initiative and sound knowledge in budget planning and financial implementation;
- Knowledge in Project Cycle Management (PCM) Project management cycle Highly numerate with proven analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness, analytical thinking, thoroughness, and ability to propose and implement solutions skills;
- Self-directed ability to build collaborative relationships, technical expertise and develop others;
- Ability and willingness to learn and reflect CBM values in daily work;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple/conflicting priorities and deadlines;
- English and French professional proficiency;
- Proven experience in MS Office Package (Outlook, Word, powerpoint, Exec, and Acces) and good report writing skills;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to translate financial information to the non-financial audience;
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply
The future jobholder will adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy. CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit www.cbm.org.
If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
This is a 2 years Fixed Term Contract, with possible extension. This position is based in Yaoundé, Cameroon. It is subject to local employment and immigration laws.