Action Against Hunger has been present in Cameroon since 1998. Since 2014, our interventions are mainly in the Eastern Region and the Far North of the country on emergency programs initiated with Central African refugees and affected host communities by socio-political unrest in CAR and violence related to Boko Haram activity in the Lake Chad region. ACF has set up long-term nutrition and water, sanitation, and hygiene programs with the support of ECHO and SIDA for more than 150,000 beneficiaries. Since the end of 2018, ACF, under the name of Action Against Hunger (AAH), is also present in the South-West, in support of the crisis that rages in this region.
Our 2020 strategy is based on responding to immediate humanitarian needs and contributing to economic recovery and strengthening resilience and social cohesion in Cameroon.
There are 140 employees on the mission, spread over 5 bases: Batouri in the East, Maroua, and Kousseri in the Far North, Buéa in the South West, and coordination in Yaounde.
Cameroon is a fairly stable country. However, Buéa remains an area of great vigilance with the presence of Boko Haram fractions on the border with Nigeria, even if the INGOs are not directly targetted. The security context remains unstable with frequent lockdowns.
The size of the team is relatively low (2 mobile clinics turning in the field, with around 20 staffs overall).
You will be in charge of ensuring the direct implementation of the Nutrition & Health Programmes, through 2 mobile clinics, as part of the emergency response to the populations affected by the crisis in the south-western region of Cameroon. Furthermore, you will also be supporting the COVID 19 Response in that area of intervention.
More specifically, your responsabilities will be to:
- Ensure the application of ACF standards in the implementation and monitoring of the mobile clinical programmes
- Build the capacities of the program teams on ACF standards in the nutrition & health protocols and guidelines
- Strengthen and improve the logistical and financial management of programs
- Accelerate the implementation and capitalisation of the medical care components for both the sexually abused survivors and the community-based epidemiological surveillance
- Participate in the assessments related to the accesses of the most affected populations
You hold a degree in nutrition & health, public health, nursing, or general medicine, with at least two years of professional experience in a similar programme management role in an emergency context.
Furthermore, you have a confirmed experience in managing, capacity building, and transfer of knowledge to the teams.
You have an excellent knowledge of the english language and strong analytical, synthesis, and writing skills.
A former ACF experience, an understanding of the Cameroun context, a good knowledge of the community health & nutrition approaches, and some notions of the french language will be considered as an asset for this position.
Specific conditions / salary:
Contract: 4 months fixed term contract (until end of April 2021) under French legislation
Conditions for French Contract:
- Monthly gross salary from €2010 to €2335€ upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: around €521 (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen
- €450 gross monthly allowance related to the context.
- Child allowance: €1500 /year per child (limited to €6000)
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external training costs upon eligibility of the request.
This is a challenging position with interesting challenges aimed at directly providing a comprehensive health/nutrition care package to crisis-affected populations in English-speaking areas, integrating an innovative community-based approach in 2021. This mission includes strong community empowerment and a psychosocial component to provide support to people affected by trauma or gender-based violence.
How to Apply
Please apply by following the link hereafter: