FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Lead for an anticipated CDC-funded award. The project will support implementation of high quality, evidence-informed case-finding and clinical care services for HIV along the clinical cascade in Cameroon. It will include implementing and supporting the best and most appropriate interventions to reach epidemic control across all age groups and populations.
The M&E Lead will lead the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities. The M&E Lead will be responsible for the development of monitoring and evaluation to inform program management and strategic direction. The M&E Lead will work to develop and disseminate tools and materials linked to project M&E as well as contribute to the project’s technical activities such as surveillance and evaluations and technical assistance on data use.
The position will be based in Yaoundé and will report to the FHI 360 Principal Investigator. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to CDC approval.
Cameroonian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Key Responsibilities and Contributions:
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities, including: development of the project’s Performance Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Plan; development and monitoring of project indicators; and oversight of M&E data collection and analysis.
- Contribute to design of evaluation protocols and advise on appropriate uses of program monitoring data.
- Ensure that data from the project is fed into national-level databases and is accessible by decision-makers and implementing partners. Promote use of data among stakeholders for policy development and programming.
- Build capacity of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management
- Oversee any other M&E staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Conduct trainings and workshops related to M&E.
- Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Epidemiology, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline.
- Five to eight years of experience working in M&E in the public health field, with progressively increasing level of responsibility.
- M&E experience in HIV and surveillance.
- Familiarity with Sub-Saharan African health management information systems and other national M&E systems.
- Experience and understanding of the CDC and PEPFAR frameworks and reporting systems.
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
- Knowledge of issues related to integrated health services and support programs.
- Previous experience implementing and managing a rigorous M&E system including developing performance monitoring plans that track performance as sub-results/results and by funding stream.
- Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint as well as expertise in at least one statistical software package.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with national, district and community authorities, the U.S. Government, other donors, and other implementing partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in French, proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Sound managerial and interpersonal skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.